Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Chocolate

This is said with an accent of course. Cafe de chocolate, dulces con chocolate, pan de chocolate, chocolate con jenjibre, naranja, manis, nuez, licor. Chocolate entero, en polvo.

And most of it is amazing. They really like their sugar here so a few times my taste buds have been overpowered by crystallized sugar. But for the most part, it's delicious. As is the coffee. Looking forward to bringing a pound back to Xela to have in the apartment in the morning.
Still in San Cristobal. Still enchanted. Pauline's friend Lisa left to return to xela today. Pauline and I will leave Thursday. A week here and I still can't wait to come back. I'm really going to have to explore the option of spending an entire summer here. Or if when I figure out what I want to be when I grow up, be able to work from here for a month or so. It's just such a treat to the eyes and senses. And not hot. It's quite cold at night, and sunny and in the high 60's low 70's in the day. Perfect. No smog. Crisp air. I could go on and on....

No comments: